We have made arrangements for golf during your stay in Chicago at Westmoreland Country Club in Wilmette, IL. Westmoreland is a private, park-like course that has been recently renovated by golf architect Arthur Hills. The course is about a 30-40 minute drive from the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel and HDMZ.
Golf will be available on the following days:
Tuesday, June 7th tee off after 12:00 PM
Wednesday, June 8th tee off between 8:00-9:00 AM
Saturday, June 11th tee off after 1:00 PM
Sunday, June 12th tee off after 2:00 PM
The fee for golf is $240 USD per person per round and covers golf, caddy and refreshments.
As Westmoreland does not accept payment from non-members, your fee will be given to Frank Callahan, who will handle payment with the club on his monthly bill.
Clubs will be available for rent. You can also purchase golf equipment, shoes, clothing and accessories at the Westmoreland Pro Shop. Euros, checks, and credit and debit cards will not be accepted. The shop takes USD only.
If you will be playing golf, please email [email protected] with your preferred date and time.
Once we have collected the responses, we will let you know who has signed up and arrange further details.
Helpful Travel Tips:
- Plan ahead for the Chicago weather by visiting weather.com.
- For transportation to the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel (112 South Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL), you can take a cab from Chicago O’Hare Airport. Many cabs will not accept credit or debit cards, so please ask before riding. The cost will be approximately $30-$40 USD and an additional 15% “tip” for the driver.
- You can use your Uber account from both Chicago O’Hare Airport and Chicago Midway Airport.
- You can also contact LaSalle Limo Service at (773) 594-9991 and request a limo. It will arrive approximately 15 minutes after your call. The cost is approximately $50 USD. Drivers will expect a “tip” of 15%.
- ATMs will be available at Chicago O’Hare Airport and Chicago Midway Airport.